Pointsstoppers Legal Services
ONTARIO COURTS OF JUSTICE
If you convicted for impaired driving or over 80, you will face significant penalties that include:
Welcome by the Chief Justice Daily, our judges and justices of the peace deliver independent, impartial and timely justice to the thousands of people who come before the Ontario Court of Justice in more than 200 locations across the province. This year, the Ontario Court of Justice, the busiest in Canada, will deal with approximately 500,000 adult and youth criminal charges, hear millions of provincial offence matters such as traffic tickets, and serve more than 20,000 families. To deliver the highest level of service to the people of Ontario, we are committed to making our Court open, accessible and responsive to their needs. Our website provides a collection of guides, tools and information we hope will be helpful to litigants, students, teachers, members of the media, legal professionals, academics and the public.
Contact us today to find out more...
Court of Appeal for Ontario Rules on the “correctness” of judgments from the Ontario Court of Justice and the Superior Court of Justice 22 judges – 1,600 cases/year (2010) Superior Court of Justice All civil cases The more serious cases under the Criminal Code of Canada Divorce, separation, custody, access, support payments, family property. Family Court branch sites are in place at 17 of the 51 Superior Court of Justice locations. At any Family Court branch location, all family matters are heard, including divorce, division of property, support, custody and access, child protection and adoption. Small Claims Court, which provides a forum to bring or defend civil claims for a maximum amount of $25,000 in money or property. Appeals and judicial review of government action in Ontario within the Divisional Court (an appellate branch of the Superior Court). 242 judges – approx. 250,000 proceedings (2010). Ontario Court of Justice 590,000 criminal charges (Criminal Code, Youth Criminal Justice Act, etc.) 25,000 family proceedings (child custody, access & guardianship, financial support, child protection, adoption) Millions of provincial offences (driving, parking, environmental safety etc.) 284 judges and 345 justices of the peace (2014)
Pointsstoppers Legal Services
strives to provide the best legal defence. We believe in Doing It Right from start to ﬁnish. We ﬁght to prevent convictions or demerit points which result in increases to your Insurance Premiums. We help you maintain a clean driving record and ﬁght for your rights 100%. We are licensed Legal representatives who will “Do It Right By Fighting For Your Rights.”
We have an amazing 90% success rate!
Know Your Court
- The Ontario Court of Justice hears virtually all provincial offence matters as well as offences against municipal by-laws. Examples of such cases include:
- Highway Traffic Act charges such as speeding or traffic violations;
- Municipal by-law charges relating to excessive noise, animal control, or garbage disposal;
- Charges laid under provincial legislation such as the Environmental Protection Act, the Occupational Health and Safety Act, the Dog Owners’ Liability Act or the Trespass to Property Act.
- The tribunals of the SJTO are: Child and Family Services Review Board, Criminal Injuries Compensation Board, Custody Review Board, Human Rights Tribunal of Ontario, Landlord and Tenant Board, Ontario Special Education (English) Tribunal, Ontario Special Education (French) Tribunal and Social Benefits Tribunal.